Sunday, May 8, 2016

Cap...why?

Cap in Civil War? Grade A jerk.


Oh Captain...the one with a mighty shield, that none can oppose. Unless your a plane or some ice or a brainwashed buddy with a robotic arm, they don't usually yield when he throws his shield.
Ok, jokes aside. CAP WAS A JERK IN THIS MOVIE! For this post I'll be comparing him to an anti-social, possibly traumatized, formerly cold and heartless, wow-this-is-a-long-description: Bucky Barnes
I love the movie, don't get me wrong. I think it's the best movie ever! And I recently watched CATWS a couple times and borrowed Hydra's device (kidding...I wouldn't really do that) to get AoU outta my head so I had very high expectations!
And the Russo Bros delivered! 
The romance was well played! The friendship and banter between...two people. Uh, forgot to do this. *activates sirens*

SPOILERS! WATCH OUT FOR THE SPOILERS! I'M GOING TO ADD A GIANT SPACE SO I WON'T SPOIL THE AWESOME MOVIE FOR YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!

(Unless you don't want to wait until December because you weren't able to get to the movie theaters...if so, read on my friend. I will be spoiling a bit of the movie though. Sorry. Ready? Here's the space so you may turn back now!)


Ok...time to pass the time....
Let's see if I can remember all of that theme song that used to play on my brother's tv show....

Dum Dee Dee dum dum Dee Dee dum dum, dum, dum dum dum. DUUUUN!

Our worlds about to break! Tomented and attacked! Lost from when we wake! With no way to go back! I...uh...have a giant home! I live all alone!
AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!
ALWAYS! WE WILL FIGHT AS ONE! SHAWARMA FOR EVERYONE! WITH EVIL ON THE RUN! WE NEVER COME UNDONE! ASSEMBLED WE ARE STRONG! FOREVER FIGHT AS ONE-WITH EVIL ON THE RUN! WE NEVER COME UNDONE-ASSEMBLED WE ARE STRONG! FOREVER FIGHT AS ONE! "Avengers! Assemble!" duuuuun!
Ok...I'm bored. Have some pictures.





























































































you're still here? Okay, let's begin.


Soooo; the first instance of Steve being a jerk is...Bucharest. This may be a bit weird for me to say this is when, while he was just warning Bucky, but hear me out.
We see Bucky having a pretty good life; selling or buying plums(?). (On a random note, I wanted plums after seeing this movie. They looked like the ones we used to have! :9 What? Those are the only kind of plums I like!)
He's laughing and talking and is about to head back (with no plums. So he makes a living by selling them? I can see that. He's enjoying his job at least. Well, who wouldn't? Those are the best plums! *chucks shield at my head* Tony: STOP TALKING ABOUT PLUMS! Me: Geez! Ok! You're a jerk too! One of the biggest ones!)
Of course he notices some guy staring at him. (who kinda looks like he's on something. He's also pretty skinny. I bet he could use some pl-! *gets hit with shield again* OKAY! I'M OVER THE PLUMS! How about we, what do call it? order a pizza instead? XD)
Then after looking at paper like; "that ain't me" we cut to Steve who...broke into Bucky's apartment and is going through HIS LIVING AREA AND PERSONAL DIARY.
Ok...I took crime scene at my homeschool classes, and it specifically stated that he would need a search warrant! Just sayin'!
Then we see Bucky looking pretty ticked, but quickly dissolves into a neutral and wary stance. He then obviously implies after Steve warns him that he has a way out and can do it but Steve, oh you jerk, Steve STOPS AND FIGHTS HIM.
His best friend who is fleeing from people ordered to shoot on site, he fights. And Bucky acts like a feral animal who needs to survive. And when T'Challa jumps on the car....
PUT THAT THING IN REVERSE SON!
Seriously. Don't be selfish and keep chasing your friend; who possibly was better off without you buggin him.

Next up its the airport fight. Scott says he knows how to hold them off and says it could rip him in half. Now, let's see here. Scott is willing to sacrifice his life, so these two can escape.
How does Cap react?
He doesn't.
In fact; we see Bucky asking with obvious concern and fear "he's gonna tear himself in half?!" and Cap....
DOESN'T RESPOND.
Yes; his friends; okay...maybe he's not close to Scott, are willing to give themselves up...their lives, everything...for these two and Cap barely bats an eye! Which leads me to the third example.


On the jet is where we have a pivotal example. Bucky asks; "What's gonna happen to your friends."
This guy is concerned for people he barely knows. And Steve...barely shows any remorse or concern when he replies: "I don't know."



So! What did you think of my list? Was I misjudging Cap? Or was he being, like I called him, a class-A jerk?~Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment